29905560

My wife has slipped on a plastic container top at meadohall

My wife has slipped on a plastic container top at meadohall shopping centre Sheffield , she has broken her wrist , what advice could you give us please , Mr andrew mangle my wife,s name is ***** ***** 61 years old, thank you .
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Can you please explain the exact circumstances of what happened?

JACUSTOMER-4zqsjp5s- :

My wife had just excited from the escalater in the department store , turned to her right andslipped and fell on a plastic container .

Ben Jones :

Whose container was it?

Ben Jones :

Who left it there?

Customer:

We have no idea who left the container on the floor

Ben Jones :

But do you think it was just some other customer that left it there, did it look like it could have been that?

Customer:

Yes

Ben Jones :

ok let me get my response ready please

Customer:

Ben Jones :

Yes?

Ben Jones :

You cannot automatically blame the shopping centre here. Whilst this may have happened on their premises, to be able to show any blame on their part you would need to prove that they had acted in a negligent manner and below the reasonable level of standard expected of someone in their position. So for example if they had known that this container was left there and it was clear that it posed a safety hazard but they did nothing to resolve this and just left it as it was, then some blame could be attached to them. However, if this was something left by a customer, for example it had happened quite recently before your wife suffered the accident and no one from the centre knew about it, then they cannot legally be held responsible for this. Not every situation will have a part that can be blamed and often it can only be attributed as an accident, which is an unfortunate series of events which have led to the event in question occurring. So to be able to taker this further you would need to show negligence on the part of someone, they must have known this item was there and that it posed a safety hazard and that in turn they did nothing to correct it and had negligently left it there.

Ben Jones :

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Hi can you please clarify the reason for the negative rating. I answered your question honestly and it is legally correct. Please remember that not every situation where an injury occurs will have a party to blame - you still need to satisfy the legal requirements before you can actually attribute liability to someone, so please do not confuse the factual legal situation with the level of service provided as I cannot change the law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ben ; sorry for bad review on Saturday we were stessed out after my wifes accident and did not wait for your reply so sorry I will alter my assesment now .

Hi, no problem, many thanks for clarifying
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi please remove the negative reply which was done in error .

Noted, thank you