75100385

Arrested for fraudulent activity

Customer Question

hello, I've been arrested and accused of fraudulent activity was arrested by 3 police officers as apparently cheques were deposited from a company on my name to my account however it is an account I've not used in a while, as I have another account which i use on a daily basis, i believe i've been a victim of identity fraud I even have an idea of who could of done this, the amount that was stolen is 4710.00 GBP . I am afraid I am not a criminal and never been in this kind of situation. Could you assist me in this matter? Kind regards.

The male officers came into my property and searched my house without a warrant do they have the right to do so?

I am afraid of what consequences I can face for this ?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether you had anything to do with it ?
JACUSTOMER-969hde52- :

Im afraid I believe I have. I have a friend who does dodgy things hes lent me koney so he asked me if I could put a few cheques in my account and transfer it to him just as a favour so I did. But the other times

JACUSTOMER-969hde52- :

Im afraid yes. My friend who I can now not geta hold of have had me putting in cheques he wrpte in my name and just asked to teansfer him the money. Which I did. Just as a genuine favour to a friend. And now I cant get ahold of hom. So I believe theycan prove that ive had a hand in it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You havent answered my question?

You rated before I answered so I didnt see it until now.
So in effect it is money laundering?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well yes. But I wasnt aware that this was done illegally. Ss far as I knew I was just doing a favour to a friend.

Have you been interviewed by Police? Have you told them what happened?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I will be interviewed tomorrow I was arrested on friday but was sent to hospital and they street bailed me as I wasnt well. I am afraid of the consequences I am trying to get as much legal advice as possible. Can you advice me?

Well you have committed an offence of money laundering.
But you were not dishonest you were doing a favour for your friend. I would most certainly take a Solicitor to interview with you.
But just say what happened and be honest.
I would hope that you would be ok but your friend is likely to be charged with offences.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well the problem is this friends name is ***** ***** be found however my name is ***** ***** cheques and everywhere. Yet I am not in possession of any cheque book as sometimes money was put in wihout my knowledge. What would the consequences of that be?

But then that is not too much of an issue. You did it for him.
I assume you can show you did this for him?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I dont have much evidence I was very gullible by the looks of ot everyhing points at me. And I am afraid as I am honestly innocent I found out that this friend of mine has given me a fake name fake location of where he lives. I only have a few leads to get ahold of him.

Indeed. All you can do is be honest. You just need to give them all the information you have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I also have an alibi as I was out of the country as well as been at work atthe times of when this has happened surely that will help. Also Iif this was to go to the court could that affet me loosing my job in any way shape or form do you know? Thank u for ur help.

Well the Court would not care about you losing your job.
But I think you need to be honest, although it is a little problematic your friend has given you false details.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I still have my job I am saying would this affect me in any way with my job?

It is possible, depending on your Employer.