13262538

Hi JoWhen police make an investigation is it a fair

Customer Question

Hi Jo
When police make an investigation is it a fair interview or a one sided investigation. When I was interviewed I mentioned to the police regarding some transcripts from the family court hearings can police get copy of these transcripts to make sure what I said in interview was all true.
Also when police investigate allegations do they investigate previous family court hearings and reports as well and look into the court hearings and reports
Sean
My name is ***** ***** I hope you are happy for me to deal with this - if not please let me know.
In fact the Police cannot access any transcripts or reports from the Family Court unless the Judge in the Family Court authorises it.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Claire
If I was arrested for allegation made against me and informed the police of the contradictions of the allegations being made now and what was said in the family reports I asked the police if they wanted copies but the officers never said yes or no, I asked my duty solicitor if we should provide them with copies but I was informed by him they can get access to these reports anyway so it's pointless giving it to them what's your view on this
Mark
Even the police cannot force the court to release the paperwork - and you are in fact not allowed to share them with anyone unless and until the Family Court authorises it.
Your solicitor must start the application as soon as possible to ensure the papers are released promptly and can be used in court
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Claire
Does that mean my solicitor is advising me incorrectly when he said that the papers are easily accessible by the police they have been filed there and the police have a duty to look at that as it was mentioned in the interview.
I have given copies to my solicitors anyway
It is likely that your solicitor is simply not aware of the family law restrictions involved
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi ClareWell when I asked my solicitor about his history with these type of cases he informed he has dealt with hundreds of theses type of cases and he also said that there was a similar case to mine and the police were easily able to get access to these type of reports but they made an order and took a while before it was authorised however it can easily be accessibleWhat you doing working on a Sunday
The key words there are "they made an order"
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ah they made an order fingers crossed they should have made an order if not is half hearted investigation
Indeed
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Claire
My solicitor told me off for providing her the reports she said she will only make an a proper application once im charged although it should not be difficult to get these reports at this moment its pointless getting it or it would be contempt of her to do that is she right in stating this??
She is correct - you should not have given her the reports
She is also taking the appropriate approach - no application should be made until you are charged