13262538

need copy of decree nisi for case no decree I recieved letter

need copy of decree nisi for case no decree I recieved letter from wifes soliciter saying dercree nisi was pronounced on 27th june 1988 thought i was divorced for the past 30 odd years now ifind out not I am appling for decree absolute from judge by letter but need case no of decree nisi
Do you have any paperwork at all with the Case number *****?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no only recieved letter from wifes soliciter stating decree nisi was pronounced i may have got copy but if so i cannot find it now

I take it you have done the search for the Decree Absolute?
Do you remember which court the case was in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

preston county court cannot seem to find anything for search for decree nisi only absolutes and it hasnt been made absolute

How do you know it has not been - did you do that search? (just checking)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

because did search with courts and they could not find any decree absolute so asked daughter to ask wife for copy she said she did not go through with decree absolute just nisi

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have u got any information for me as will have to log off soon as got to go out

My apologies for the delay.
Since you know the court and the date of the Decree Nisi you can write to the court with the details that you have (your full names etc) and request a further copy.
When applying for the Absolute you need to make a statement confirming that you and your ex did not resume co-habitation and that no further children have been born - or detailing those that were and confirming that they are not shared children
There is a possibility that the records will not have been kept - at which point your only option is to issue fresh proceedings
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details