12826847

Hi, my husband, we are separated, has filled in false employment

Customer Question

Hi, my husband, we are separated, has filled in false employment details on a debt consolidation loan form, he is no longer in position and has new job on lesser salary.. He wants me to sign forms as loan would be again our property, I have refused,as information untrue,he said it was a mistake, but it wasn't,as I have asked for fresh set of forms to fill in with correct information on,but he insists I have to fill in current ones.We are in financial difficulty, could go bankrupt, but I will not commit an offence. He is abusive,says we will lose everything etc.Where do I stand legally,and what can I do to protect myself?
How much is the house worth, how much is outstanding on the mortgage and how much does your husband wish to borrow?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare, we are currently going through divorce proceedings,husbands salary does not support outgoings as his salary has reduced as he was sacked from position now has new one, was using old position salary to try to get loan.I am currently a house wife, one dependent 14, two children over 18. House is worth 330,000 by valuation, 269,000 mortgage,we have a buy to let property value 175,000 mortgage 135,000, in both our names. He wishes to borrow 25,000.He also has credit card debt to the value of 38,000 pounds in his name, we owe school fees debt of13,000,tax credit overpayment of 5,543 to pay back and a personal loan in his name for 8,819.I do not want to take on further debt, he wants to take out the loan to cover credit cards primarily, but these are not in my name.I want to do everything legitimately and above board.

What income does he actually have
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

40,000 per annum, monthly net income 2,512.

How long have you been separated and what financial agreement have you made ongoing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Separated since since October 2013, I have signed the Divorce petition issued by him,not got to any financial negotiations at present, still have joint bank account.

Would it not be possible to sell the buy to let property?