13262538

I have just separated from my wife our son is 11 months old

I have just separated from my wife our son is 11 months old when I ask to have him on certain days she often says no I can only see him when she works or when she wants she has just informed me that because he is under 5 I am only legally entitled to see him twice a week every other week is this correct ?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this of necessary
There is no set pattern of contact - and no restriction as your ex has suggested.
You should try and discuss a regular pattern of contact with your ex using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) - and if no agreement can be reached then you will need to apply to the courts for a Child Arrangement Order.
You may find this site helpful
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details