UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi, my brother recently accussed me of several things ( all

Hi, my brother recently accussed me of several things ( all untrue) and stated that he no longer wanted anything to do with me (after 60yrs). He advised me recently that he had been given power of attorney for my step mum and I have now received a letter from him asking me to make a cheque out to step mum for the return of her premium bond money plus any winnings & send it to himself or step mum's solicitors. I'm at a loss for I know nothing about any monies for premium bonds. What action do I need to take?
Barry
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Hello Barry,
If you do not know anything about these allegations of taking premium bond money and winnings, you should simply write back a letter saying so and ask him to give you any evidence that you indeed have taken any such money.
Without any such evidence, his demands are unwarranted and without any legal standing.
May I help further?