UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello I have discretionary Leave to remain. i have been in

Hello I have discretionary Leave to remain. i have been in the UK since I was 10 years old. My mother married my step dad who is a british citizen. We received the Discretionary leave in December 2011. It is due to expire in December 2014. I have travelled to mauritius in august as my first holiday, then a week later i travelled again because my granddad was sick and he is still sick and might not make it, i am due to go again this week. Will i be stopped or detained at the immigration port in heathrow? This is what worries me.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

As long as you fly out from the UK and come back within the validity of your discretionary leave to remain, you should not have any problem with UK Immigration.

Even if you are stopped and asked about your travel pattern, you should explain the reasons for your travel. There is no restriction on how many times you enter and exit the UK as long as you have valid leave to remain in the UK.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
So I shouldn't have any problems if I travel to Mauritius again?. They'll just ask me routine questions at the airport here in UK.
Will my visa renewal also be easy or would it be complex because I am over the age of 18? But I still live with my parents and I work full time as an Engineer.
Yes, you should not have a problem if you go back to Mauritius.
I would expect your discretionary leave to remain to be extended for another 3 years if your personal circumstances are still the same as when you first obtained it and you may apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK after 6 years on discretionary leave.
Hope this answers your queries. Please leave feedback
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi When you say personal circumstances are still the same ? What do you mean by this? i mean i still live with my parents but i am working full time and i dont study anymore. Would this all affect my application in a bad way?

No, it would not affect your application. By personal circumstances, I mean as long as your human rights needs are more or less the same which they seem to be.
All the best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been in this country for about 9 years and i have all ties here. i only have my grandparents over in mauritius. would it be possible to refuse me or tell me to leave the country? will i not be able to apply for indefinite leave and when will i be able to?

Please leave feedback as your queries have already been answered.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hOW DO I LEAVE FEEDBACK ON THE WEBSITE?

By leaving a review.