Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

We are a small business with 14 members of staff and have been

We are a small business with 14 members of staff and have been using BT for our telephone and broadband for the past 10 years. We have just discovered that BT has been overcharging us for at least the last 4 years. We also moved offices recently and the move and reconnection of out telephone lines were missed more several times which cost us a great loss of business and enormous inconvenience to our clients. We are still in dispute with BT and they don't seem to be too bothered to resolve the issues we have with their services. We would like to leave BT and move to a more professional telecoms provider but want to cover ourselves legally. I would be grateful if you could get back to me with your thoughts about the above and whether you could accommodate us in this regard. Many thanks
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
If BT have been charging more than they are contractually allowed to do so, then you would be entitled to sue them for this - can you prove how much they owe you from the last four years?
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes we can and they also admitted to overcharging us however, as well as receiving refunds and compensations from BT we do not wish to be doing business with them any longer and would like to cancel the contract we have with them.

We discovered today that we have been charged disconnection/installation fees for the lines we moved in May 2014 even though we have written confirmation from BT that there would be none as we moved to an office in the same building.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Terminating your contract will not prejudice your ability to sue them failings in the service.
Are you subject to a fixed term or notice period?
I would recommend that if you have been paid compensation and are unhappy with their service, you should just complain to their regulator - Ofcom - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/
As long as you can terminate the contract on notice I would not waste your time taking them court and just focus on pursuing your business.
Can you give me details of your contract with them?
AJ