75100385

I am issuing Committal Proceedings against 4 defendants who

I am issuing Committal Proceedings against 4 defendants who have breached an injunction order made against them (Commercial Action).
I have compiled a comprehensive bundle of documents (some 200 pages) which show in details the offences.
The Judge told me to use form N78 (I have already filed the case once and used the wrong form).
What I need to know is what other forms do I have to file at the same time (i.e. application form number ???)
And what is the correct procedure i.e.
1 - Do I serve the documents on the defendants before filing at court
2 - Who serves the committal papers on the defendants - me or a court officer
3 - Is there anything else I should do
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

There are no other forms you need to fill out.

Alex Watts :

You have N79, notice to commit, bundle of evidence

Alex Watts :

1. Yes you must serve this on ALL the Defendants on whom you intend to apply to commit

Alex Watts :

2. You

Alex Watts :

They also need to be personally served

Alex Watts :

3. You need to file an affidavit saying that they had the original injunction/undertaking

Alex Watts :

You also need to file a certificate of service for the injunction AND the application to commit

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Yep, Bundle is done with a bundle index - full evidence confirming what we state (basically they have failed on 5 of the 6 sections - oh dear !!!). The Judge informed me that I had used the wrong form and he asked the Court Office to email me the correct one (does that give a message that he agrees with the committal?)

Alex Watts :

That gives no indication for committal

Alex Watts :

The Defendants will either admit or deby

Alex Watts :

deny

Alex Watts :

If they are denied then the matter is set down for a hearing

Alex Watts :

It is because they can go to prison all the procedures need to be followed

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else?

Customer:

Since we are printers - and they have printed over 50 menus that they have been banned from doing on the injunction and they have failed to return all the PDF's that they used to print this they would have a problem denying it. The judge informed them that if I continued and re-filed they would be in serious trouble.

Alex Watts :

I see.

Alex Watts :

Well as long as you have the evidence it should be fine

Alex Watts :

Do you need any further clarification as to steps?

Customer:

The injunction banned them from printing menus using our artworks - this they have done - I have the printed items showing their name on the strap line (copyright symbol) . They were also ordered to return these artworks and delete them from their system - this they failed to do. - The injunction was 1st August - They have printed 6 more menus (that we know off) since then - 5 of which they sent me copies of !!!!!!! I think that is why the judge has warned them they will be in serious trouble. Can I have your opinion on that please (just a bit of reassurance (lol)

Alex Watts :

Yes it seems like you have a case against them

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Aw thanks, ***** ***** for the help.

Customer:

Just to confirm (having a senior moment) I just need to take the Bundle and the N78 notice of an application form to the court tomorrow to request it be filed. Then I serve the committal proceedings on all the defendants. (If they have a solicitor do I serve it on him, or them)

Alex Watts :

Yes you serve on them or their Solicitor

Customer:

Aw thanks. I will give you a brill review. xxx

Alex Watts :

Thanks. Can I help with anything else today?

Customer:

No I think that's it, have a great week

Alex Watts :

Great. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Customer:

Will do xxx

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience