75100385

I HAVE A SPINAL CORD INJURY FOLLOWING AN RTA IN 1999.. I AM

Customer Question

I HAVE A SPINAL CORD INJURY FOLLOWING AN RTA IN 1999.. I AM TETRAPLEGIC AND AM ALSO A SINGLE MUM.. TO GET TO THE POINT BASICALLY I HAVE HAD TO RELY ON NHS FOR MY BOWEL MANAGEMENT, SKIN CARE AND OTHER PERSONAL NEEDS.. IN THE PAST FEW YEARS I HAVE SUFFERED FROM SHEER NEGLIGENCE AND ALMOST DEATH.. E.G I HAD TO BE ADMITTED TO HOSPITAL A FEW YEARS AGO AND THE NURSING STAFF REFUSED TO CARRY OUT A MANUAL EVACUATION FOR MY BOWEL WHICH I REQUIRE ALTERNATE MORNINGS, I BECAME EXTREMELY ILL ALMOST DIED EVEN WHEN I ASKED FOR NEFEDIPINE WHICH IS A TABLET USED IN EMERGENCIES IN HIGH SPINAL INJURIES LIKE MINE I WAS TOLD " WE DONT GIVE THAT FOR HEADACHES "
ALSO MAYBE 3 YEARS AGO I HAD A DISTRICT NURSE COME TO DO MY BOWEL CARE SHE " ACCIDENTALLY " INSERTED MY SUPPOSITRIES INTO MY VAGINAL PASSAGE.. THIS CAUSED ME GREAT MENTAL TRAUMA AND I WAS BLEEDING FOR WEEKS..
ON ANOTHER OCCASION I HAD A BLOOD CLOT AND WAS PUT ON WARFARIN.. IT WAS OVERLOOKED BY MY GP PRACTICE THAT I WAS ALSO GETTING DAILLY FRAGMIN INJECTIONS WHICH LED TO MY BLOOD BEING LIFE THREATENLY THIN, YET AGAIN MY LIFE WAS IN DANGER.. I SUFFER FROM MANY MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS SUCH AS SEVERE DEPRESSION PTSD OCD FLASH BACKS ANXIETY ETC... DUE TO THESE PROBLEMS IT IS ONLY NOW THAT I FULLY REALISE THE MISTAKES MADE AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I HAVE A CLAIM.. THANK YOU..
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know why it has taken you 15 years to realise there were problems?