12826847

Am I allowed to travel by car taking a Sporting Rifle without

Customer Question

Am I allowed to travel by car taking a Sporting Rifle without the owners Permit. I have my own Firearm Permit and the owner of the Rifle who DOES have a Permit says my Firearm permit would cover. I don't think it does but ease can you advise.
What does your own permit cover you to carry and does this rifle comply?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I have been asked if it is legal for me to transport a sporting Rifle belonging to a friend to a a place in Scotland for the use in Deer Stalking. The reason is the friend wishes to fly. I have my own Permit but was told by this friend that would make my journey legal travelling with his Rifle which obviously would not have his Rifle and serial number on it. I have a permit for My own Rifle but that is not relevant in this particular case.
So what does your permit cover and does this rifle comply?