LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

When they say in the movies, "call my lawyer!", this suggests

When they say in the movies, "call my lawyer!", this suggests that the person already has "a lawyer" like one would have a doctor or hairdresser. The lawyer rocks up, finds some legal technicality or obscure statute, and the client walks free (if only temporarily). How do they have a lawyer on standby? Is it possible to have an arrangement with a superb solicitor such that you may never need them but if/when you do they come to your assistance 24/7?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to hep you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

It sounds like you are describing a type of retainer relationship. A client can pay a regular (usually monthly) fee and in exchange the lawyer agrees to be constantly available for the client. Sometimes there will be an agreement as part of this not to act for named others. Solicitors are happy to enter into these agreements as it holds out the possibility of being paid for doing nothing.