Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

The deeds to our working men's club were stolen when we were

Customer Question

The deeds to our working men's club were stolen when we were burgled.We need to sell the club.How can we get duplicate of deeds
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Is the property registered at the Land Registry?
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I have a copy of the land registry.I got duplicate from them but didn't realise the deeds were in the safe

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
If the property is registered and you have what is known as "Full Title Guarantee" you do not need the deeds to sell the property.
Have you got an "Official Copy" from the Land Registry?
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not sure.I had to pay 16 pound and they sent me an official letter plus acopy of the the terms and conditions when the land was bought and a plan of how much land we have a

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Were those the documents that were taken?
Did the plan have a "Title Number"?
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The deeds and the land registry were both in the safe.I can't say about title number as I'm doing this from home and the letter is in the safe at the club

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
If the property is registered then the Land Registry will have a copy of the relevant deeds that you can order.
Otherwise all you can do is offer to give the buyer an indemnity for the lost documents.
If the property is unregistered then you will have to apply for first registration of the property.
The only other place that might have a copy is a bank, if the property is subject to mortgage.
Did you have a document that looked similar to this - http://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/www/wps/QDMPS-Portlet/resources/example_register.pdf
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank u .I'll ring the land registry office.You have been very helpful.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
No problem.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.
AJ