Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

We engaged cleaners at end of tenancy prior to moving out at

Customer Question

We engaged cleaners at end of tenancy prior to moving out at their quoted rate of £250 plus VAT. An Eastern European/Russian man and lady arrived. Spent the next 3 hours on the phone not communicating at all with us and finally handed over to someone on the other end of the phone who said the quote should have been for £450 plus vat, as it was in Esher,to which we did not agree. He accused my wife of being racist as she mentioned the lack of communication with the cleaner for over 3 hours. The house is a 3 bedroom house not large by any standards but on 3 floors. They left. The checkout / last day of tenancy is today and we are left with a professionally uncleaned house, trying at short notice to find someone else. Should the professional cleaners have stood by their original quote, for which a 50% deposit was paid. At no point has any racist comment been made just the frustration at lack of communication with cleaners spending 3 hours doing no cleaning but phoning.
Dr Andrew Weber
just in case you need e-mail
*****@******.***
Expert:  Jenny replied 3 years ago.
Customer:

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Did you receive your written quotation in writing?

Customer:

Sorry that should have said did you receive the original quotation in writing?