12826847

I am experiencing difficulties visiting my parents, my mother

Customer Question

I am experiencing difficulties visiting my parents, my mother is 90 and suffering from parkinsons disease and is in a wheelchair, my father is 85 and suffering from diementia, they both live with my sister who is their main carer, since my parents moved in with my sister she has alienated me and forbid me from visiting them at her home saying she would seek an injunction against me if I went there. it is impossible for my parents to travel out of my sisters home for me to visit them elsewhere because of their disabilities, what can I do? do I have any rights?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Have you spoken to Social Services at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, I took my father to visit social services and they advised me to seek the services of a mediator, my sister refuses to discuss the matter and continues to look for reasons why she should not allow me into her home to visit my parents, my father lent her £20-000 to put towards the deposit on her house and she has not repaid any of it and I feel this is the real reason why she wants to alienate me from my parents

I am sorry - I am a little confused.
Did this happen before or after they moved to live with your sister?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I took my father to visit social services after they moved in with my sister and when she first started to alienate me from my parents.

How long ago was that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

in April 2014

HI
I see
Have you been able to see your parents since then?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes but not at my sisters house, she says they have to travel to my other sisters house or to a pub or restaurant, i feel that that is unfair due to their failing health

So you are still able to hear them - just not in their current home is that correct?
Are they actually bedridden now?
Does your other sister have the same problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, my other sister is allowed to visit them at their home, my mother is wheelchair bound and my father is suffering from dementia, my older sister wanted to apply for power of attorney and i objected, this is what has led her to excluding me from visiting them

Has your other sister raised any concerns over their care?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes but she is afraid of also being alienated

HI
What are the concerns?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she is concerned that my parents are being denied access to all their children

Sorry - to be clear - has she any concerns about the basic care of your parents?