LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Around about 1986, My father was being chased by creditors

Customer Question

Around about 1986, My father was being chased by creditors after his business collapsed and he forged his mothers signature on to the deeds to his house in order to prevent any claim by them. However he was reported to the police after his mother found out. He was charged and served a custodial sentence. What im trying to find out is: would the court have awarded ownership of the property to his mother, who was residing there at the time? if not, does he still remain the legal owner of the house? his family have all registered there names on to the title register with the land registry office, including my dad, in 2006. my father passed away unexpectedly last year having not left a will. As the executor of his state, i am trying to find out if they have been gaining an income from the rental illegally. We have made requests with his family to see the deeds etc, and have had no luck. could it be possible that after he was convicted, his mothers forged signature remained on the documents and as such, she assumed ownership? would it not be illegal, if ownership is assumed by her, when her signature was not signed by her but by my father without her knowledge? I hope you can help
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you withthis.

Customer:

The criminal court have no pwer to make such an order.