UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

can a private investigator email details of our childrens school

can a private investigator email details of our childrens school with photos of school and location map of school and inform people what car we drive
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am afraid yes, these facts are in the public domain and as such the investigator is not doing anything wrong by noting these details down.

However, if you know who this investigator is and you feel threatened by them whilst in public, you may report them to the police for harassment.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

to be more explicit - he noted them down and then distributed to a significant number of email addresses. Does your answer still apply to ""emailing on""?

Is it possible to define what constitutes harassment e.g. phone calls ?

Yes, it still applies for emailing on.

The offence may be that of stalking under the Protection from Harassment Act which includes following the victim, see here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/a-change-to-the-protection-from-harassment-act-1997-introduction-of-two-new-specific-offences-of-stalking

May I help further?