12826847

I had an affair with a lady, I am married, she is not, the

I had an affair with a lady, I am married, she is not, the affair lasted a couple of years on and off and has now stopped at my request. Since stopping I have been plagued with nuisance calls and been signed up to all kinds of weird and wonderful web sites, when challenged she admitted she had been on some web site on how to get revenge on your ex which I can kind of cope with but it has now moved up a level to the point where she insists she is going to tell my wife unless I pay her a compensation payment for what she is calling a contract of silence? She says she has a figure in mind but at the moment has not stated the figure. This sounds to me like blackmail which I thought was illegal but can I do anything to stop her?
That is blackmail. You can report it to the police and they should act. Blackmail is taken very seriously and she will need to bring her toothbrush to court when she is sentenced!
Obviously that does not stop her from revealing this. It does tend to turn attention away from the power that people have when they get arrested though. There is no way of preventing her from revealing this ultimately but if she gets picked up for blackmail she will have other things to worry about.