12826847

Can a child under 3 lawfully sit in a 5 point harness forward

Can a child under 3 lawfully sit in a 5 point harness forward facing car seat with an airbag even if it is switched off? My concern is that even if the airbag is switched off the electrics could fail and still go off?
Would the engine be running?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The car is being driven with the child in he the front it is a 2 seater sports car

Sorry, I see what you are asking.
A front facing car seat is perfectly lawful whether the air bag is on or off. It is generally safer for children to travel in the rear but that isn't possible here.
The advice is to make sure the car seat is as far back as possible and the child seat is securely fitted to maximise the distance.
It is fair to say that it is better not to use a forward facing restraint in a seat with an airbag but there is no law against it.
Sorry if that is bad news.