Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

a solicitor who worked for me has disclosed document which

a solicitor who worked for me has disclosed document which he holds to another party(who was a client of his) ,He is now using these documents to prove his claim against me in a court case.Are these documents admissible in court - can I object to them and have them withdrawnand has the solicitor concerned broken SRA rules
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.

taratill :

Can I just clarify the situation here? Are you saying that the solicitor was instructed by you on a matter and that the solicitor has used a document from this matter as evidence against you for another client?

Customer:

yes,we were both client of the same solicitor.he arranged a loan between us and documents which the solicitor had about an earlier loan,copies of his client accout etc were disclosed to the other client which he is using in his court action

Customer:

documents consist of Tomlin order,Loan agreemnet with aPLC ,variation agreemnets ,and copy of client bank account

taratill :

Hi sorry for the slight delay. You should argue that these documents are subject to Legal Advice Priviledge and are inadmissible.

Customer:

ok thats all i needed to know,i did think so but wasnt sure

taratill :

I would suggest you write to the Firm's managing partner to state that these documents are not admissible and also to complain that the solicitor is in breach of the Solicitors Code of Conduct in trying to produce these documents.