75100385

A delivery of new French doors, driver arrived alone, he said

Customer Question

A delivery of new French doors, driver arrived alone, he said it was down to me to help unload with him, I informed him I have a back problem, I did mention health and safety and i wouldn’t be covered by his company for any injury, because I couldn’t fully help he rolled the doors in the frame, all weight on one corner and rolled, I immediately told the driver I was unhappy about this, managed to move some more between us but I again told him I couldn’t lift, he rolled twice more and on the second roll the doors flung open, I did report straight away. And the doors did get visibly damaged slightly; they could also be un-visibly damaged
The director eventually contacted me because of all the hassle I had been having trying to find out from his staff what they were going to do.
When he contacted me he told me what they intended to do but at first I disagreed because I wanted to get across what had happened, he refused to let me say, just telling me what they were going to do, there is a lot more to this.
I have been trying to come to a mutual agreement but they don’t answer any question about the way the doors had been delivered, the second call with the director he would keep telling me what was going to happen and every time I tried to mention the delivery or mutual agreement he would just start repeating will you stop shouting mr----, I even tried talking really slow and quiet but he did the same.
I was told the issue was to repair the doors and everything else was irrelevant, I even got the driver to write on the delivery note about the potential damage, but was told that is irrelevant too. i phoned when i first reported this and since then i have made two further calls to the company and one of them was returning the directors first call. the second i spoke with the sales manager about an email he had sent and when i started talking about the delivery to him he put the phone down. thats when i had the second call with the director, he called me, that's when the stop shouting started but he also told me to stop calling his staff and harassing them.
I have sent numerous emails explaining what happened . I’ve even stated the sales of goods act
The doors also didn’t meet the specification I ordered. The doors had been made to order but can I ask for a full refund because of the specification, It dose state that in the act but not for something made to order.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know how you paid for the doors?

JACUSTOMER-rlpnpyte- :

visa debit card

Alex Watts :

What was the cost please?

JACUSTOMER-rlpnpyte- :

£1613

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

JACUSTOMER-rlpnpyte- :

they say they can't do anything until i let them pick the doors up, and saying i'm refusing, i have told them i would like to come to a mutual agreement before they pick them up. do i have to let them

Alex Watts :

Indeed. You dont have to let them - the product is fault you can demand a replacement or refund

JACUSTOMER-rlpnpyte- :

i asked for a replacement but was told that was unfair, they are adamant they are going to repair them

Alex Watts :

You can refuse that, you can ask for a refund or replacement

JACUSTOMER-rlpnpyte- :

am entitled to a refund or is the offer of repair deemed as acceptable

Alex Watts :

Yes you are entitled to a refund under the Sale of Goods Act

JACUSTOMER-rlpnpyte- :

i contacted trading standards but you get citizens advice and that said the offer could be seen as a reasonable solution

JACUSTOMER-rlpnpyte- :

this as took two weeks because of me trying to resolve by email, would i claim anything for the inconvenience?

JACUSTOMER-rlpnpyte- :

and will i be able to use the emails as evidence if it goes as far as court

JACUSTOMER-rlpnpyte- :

sorry! would the doors have to be picked up before they refund me

Alex Watts :

It makes no difference. You are entitled to a refund, replacement or repair - the choice is yours

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

JACUSTOMER-rlpnpyte- :

sorry! i'm just checking something

Alex Watts :

ok

JACUSTOMER-rlpnpyte- :

i did buy other doors, 1 has been put right and redelivered and the other wants something changing, i don't want them to think i'm being funny because of the french door issue but they want to have it picked up and then redelivered and I've explained the inconvenience, it is something they could send someone to put right, would it be ok for me to insist they send someone as i wouldn't have to arrange to be at home twice instead of once......last question

Alex Watts :

You are entitled to ask for a refund or replacement

Alex Watts :

In reality you dont need to accept someone to come and look or repair

Alex Watts :

You can insist on refund or replacement

JACUSTOMER-rlpnpyte- :

sorry this would be another door in the same order

Alex Watts :

Yes if its from the same company it does not matter, the same applies

JACUSTOMER-rlpnpyte- :

ok... thanks for your help

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else at all?

JACUSTOMER-rlpnpyte- :

i think thats ok, thank you!

Alex Watts :

Great. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have just released i have been i trying to resolve this matter by email, the doors were delivered on the 17th sept which is now 15 days ago 10 working days, dose this make a difference?

Thats fine, it makes no difference.