12826847

In a case of harassment what is/are the legal definition for

Customer Question

In a case of harassment what is/are the legal definition for the adjective 'grave' (together with the authorities, please)
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Someone I know lost a case of harassment on Appeal of an Appeal. The second Appeal Judge ruled that the assessment was not 'grave - and made it clear that the harassment needed to have been 'grave', In order to consider it further we need to know, in law, what is the definition of 'grave' the Judge should have applied. At the back of my mind in such circumstances the law relies on a version of the Oxford Dictionary Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

"ruled that the assessment was not 'grave" sorry, should have been "ruled that the harassment was not 'grave"

What was the charge? There is no test of gravity in the basic s2 offence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the issuance of very substantial unwarranted bills in spite of correspondence explaining the bills were (indeed) wrong. The second judge made reference to a law book which argued that any action needed to be 'grave' to be considered harassment (sorry, didn't get the author). I don't know if this is relevant to a second Appeal but the book he referred to was NOT available/submitted or referenced at the first appeal? Thank you

What I need to know is what was the charge?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry - don't understand "what was the charge" other than that the other party harassed the Claimant by issuing bills in his name (which were not justified) and threatening legal action (Have just noticed EST - this is under UK law...)

Its the legislation on your charge sheet?
Usually it reads you took X actions contrary to Y legislation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

May I ask that you re-read my responses to date - my question relates to a CIVIL matter

1. the matter relates to a CLAIM for harassment

2. In the SECOND Appeal it was held that the harassment was not 'GRAVE' and the Appeal was upheld

The PHA does use the word 'grave' - in order to contest the Judgement I need to know in these circumstances the exact definition of 'GRAVE' the Court will rely upon

It is my understanding that, for the purpose of definition, rely on a version of the Oxford Dictionary

My question is therefore - What is the definition of 'GRAVE' the Court would rely upon and where might it be found, please

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

"It seems the professional has left this conversation" - not very "professional" behaviour I would have thought?

But yes, please do find someone else for me, please

In essence I need to know, in an English Court, where the precise meaning of a word is required to be determined (say in a contract) - quite on what does the Court rely - the Oxford Dictionary (which version?)

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, I have only just realised that I had not replied - please do close this question and return the deposit.

As you may be able to see, I have continued to use JustAnswer!!

Regards ***** ***** P