12826847

My mother has lived at her home for the past fifty years (she

Customer Question

My mother has lived at her home for the past fifty years (she had it built) and always had the same neighbour, until recently. A man bought it a couple of months ago. He has started parking right at the top of his driveway blocking access into hers (they are side by side). I've politely asked him to park further back (there's ample room) to allow me to pass, but he insists he's on his property which technically he is, but he's blocking access into my mother's drive. He says just knock the door and i'll move it, which i've done a few times but am slowly losing patience.
I presume this doesn't block the public highway?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No both driveways are immediately off the main road. I have a photo of the car actually blocking access

I understand that he is blocking access. Is the access a shared access and if so, how was it noted on the deeds?

Your mother parked in exactly the same way but on her land, would that block his access?

Is it a narrow entrance which is shared which then widens and is blocking the narrow part?

I need to know what is physically happening on the ground please