Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

i work for mencap but have a dispute and have not attended

i work for mencap but have a dispute and have not attended work i am salaryed i did not recieve a contract until after i started wich i signed and sent back i got wage slip for a months salary but my managers have stoped the pay even for the hours i have worked can thay do this thank you
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Please can you tell me the nature of your dispute with your employer and how long you have worked there for?

Customer:

thank you i started on 8th september but recieved my contract only recently wich i posted back i had several issues with the comunication and staff problems so i felt the post was not for me can thay with hod pay for wich i have worked and do thay have to pay tha months salary i have a wage slip for thanks

taratill :

Hi thank you for the clarification. They have to pay you for any work you have done. They do not have to pay for any period that you do not work . This includes the contractual notice period. You are only entitled to be paid notice if you work it.

taratill :

You should write to ask for payment and say if it is not paid you will claim on the basis that this amounts to an unlawful deduction from wages.

taratill :

Hopefully they will then pay you if they do not you can contact ACAS to start early concilliation prior to raising a claim.

taratill :

If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.

Customer:

thank you very much for your help do thay have to pay this imiditaly or can thay hold on till next pay month

taratill :

Hi they should pay immediately if it should have been paid in your last wages.

Customer:

ok i will tell them that

taratill :

Great all the best with it. I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my annswer. I will be happy to answer any follow on questions