12826847

I had a falling out with a group of women in a pub a few weeks

I had a falling out with a group of women in a pub a few weeks ago. I was very drunk and some unkind words were exchanged and one of them threw a drink over me. I cannot remember much of the incident. But they say I spat the drink I had in my mouth over them. I was asked to leave.
. Yesterday 3 of these women showed up at my workplace and approached my colleagues and a client to say they were looking for me because of the above incident and appeared threatening and angry. They also text and emailed me and my best friend to describe their greivance. I asked them not to contact me again directly or indirectly or I will report to the police.She text back again that she had done nothing wrong and it was I who broke the law.
My question is if I report them for harassment , will the police do anything as they say I spat at them? I cannot remember this as I say, but don't want to open a can of worms.
What is the harassment?
This is one act of contact?
I presume you haven't reported it already ? If not, please do not.

What is your concern exactly?

Do you recall the incident at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can recall elements of the evening in relation to an angry exchange and having a drink thrown over me. but not much else.I have checked with the pub and they have CCTV that May of captured the incident
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My concern is that if I go foreward and complain about their harassment of me, I am concerned they will make a counter claim that I spat at them (although I can't remember this and don't know if CCTV has captured the incident) I have previous record for assault and harassment .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please can you reply to my question?
The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting before I have responded which pushes the question to the back of my list.
What I need to know is what is the harassment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The harassment is a unwanted text message asking me to explain my behaviour. A visit to my workplace by 3 women who told a colleague and my client that they were looking for me because of the incident and they appeared angry and threatening. An unwanted email was sent to my friend to say that they thought I was a bitch.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have waited over an 1 1/2 hours for your response. You are sending repeat questions and I repeated the info you have asked for. I have a police officer coming to take a statement from me in 30 mins time, your advice is required urgently. I have paid £39 and have been very patient but you have still not answered but just repeated your questions.
In summary:
I believe their behaviour amounts to harrassment without violence as I have previously described.
My concern is that they will counterclaim I "assaulted" them when I spat at them. I dont know if I actually did this as I was drunk.
Am I opening up a can of worms where in fact I could be prosecuted and not them?
Yes, you could be.
The inevitable consequence of making a report against them is that they will make counter reports. On the other hand, they may report it anyway and then you would not have the protection of a report.
To be wholly honest, I am not sure that you are describing a harassment here. It depends. One visit alone would not be a course of conduct. Combined with repeated texts it may offend but it depends what those messages say and whether you have been responding. I will need more information to ascertain that.
However, if they make an allegation of assault then that is likely to be taken more seriously than an allegation of harassment and, in fact, if the texts support the assault then it will probably turn into evidence against you.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice