12826847

What is the minimum amount of personal information a person

What is the minimum amount of personal information a person must give to a police officer if they are stopped, for whatever reason, and questioned by that police officer? Thank you.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello. I believe these situations of being stopped by the police in this country are becoming more frequent and my question is to ascertain information and therefore be informed of the rights of my family and I should such a situation arise before the possible need to contact a legal professional. Thank you for your understanding and I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Well, it depends.
Ultimately you can refuse to answer anything at all. The risk is that will lead to your arrests more frequently. Generally speaking, if you have a reasonable explanation for circumstances you should be offering it early.
A better question is probably what they are entitled to ask you. They are not allowed to conduct interviews on the street. They have to be under caution and on tape at the station.
They are allowed to ask things like name and date of birth and for the barest account for a situation. If they have reasonable suspicion that is not abated by your explanation then they should be conducting any interview at the police station.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks for your explicit response!