75100385

My bank being The Halifax bank have for a reason stopped payments

Customer Question

My bank being The Halifax bank have for a reason stopped payments on my debit card. I have been on the phone to them but they would not give reason or switch card back on. Thr only explanation they would give was to call in at a branch and they would sort it. The problem for me is that I am in Nogombo, Sri Lanka and I informed them of this before leaving the UK. Can you suggest a solution to this problem as I will run out of funds very soon. Yours Sincerely
John Stafford
Alex Watts : Hello John my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Alex Watts : Have you contacted their fraud department please?
JACUSTOMER-t29tfg33- : No did not know they had one.
Alex Watts : Ok I would suggest you call and do that.
Alex Watts : It may be that there is suspicious activity on your card.
Alex Watts : If you have online banking you should log into your account to make sure everything is in order, then call them.
Alex Watts : If they still won't lock the card then if you know someone back in the UK, you can transfer money using online banking to their account
Alex Watts : Once you have done that they can then take it out of their account and pay you via Western Union or Moneygram
Alex Watts : You can pick that up in cash locally.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-t29tfg33- : If there is suspicious why will they no tell me over the phone. And it's to unlock the card so that I can draw funds.
Alex Watts : Sadly they won't until you have spoken to the fraud department which is what you should do now.
Alex Watts : In the alternative have the funds transferred to a friend who can wire you the cash to help you out there
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/