Matt Jones
Matt Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified and practising Solicitor with over 7 years post qualification experience
13732703

I am about to lease a small office. I wish to keep expenses

Customer Question

I am about to lease a small office. I wish to keep expenses to a minimum as this is a big step for us. How much would you charge simply to look over the Heads of Terms and point out any items we should consider?
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 2 years ago.
Matt Jones :

HI I will try and help

Matt Jones :

If you attached the head here I can have a look and point various things out.

Matt Jones :

I can also offer and additional service where you can call me and for an additional charge we can have a chat over things

Matt Jones :

I will send a separate message about this

Customer :

I will come back to you when I have the Heads.

Hi My private contact details are below. I am free today around 13:00 - 13:30 Please call between that time. If this is inconvenient please send me a message and we could do after 5?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not have the Heads yet, shall I call when I have them instead?

yes that's the best options. Perhaps leave me a message here, or text me and we can arrange suitable time to chat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI Matt,

We had to back out of the office. We signed heads of Agreement only but the lease was not prepared. The HOA stated we would as the Tenant be responsible for legal fees for the lease. Do we need to consider paying some or as we have not signed as the tenant do we owe anything?

You would only responsible for the lease costs if the lease was prepared and signed as this is the formal contract. The heads of terms are a preliminary understanding of the arrangements.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you.

no problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how do I rate you to finish the chat?

hi i believe you already have so dont worry. However i will check with customer services
many thanks and all the best