12826847

Hello, I need to speak to someone who has experience dealing

Hello, I need to speak to someone who has experience dealing with the NMC (Nursing & Midwifery Council)
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am a University student. Because of a minor issue (not related to patient safety) I have been asked to refer myself to the NMC. My questions are: can the University make me do this? And, If I refer myself to the NMC will they automatically investigate me?

No, they cannot make you do anything but if you refuse they can refer the matter themselves. I think they are just giving you the chance to do it yourself.
Yes, the NMC will investigate if a referral is made. It may not be pursued to hearing but it will be considered.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

One more things, thanks - If you sue a University during your studies, do they have an obligation to still help you achieve your degree, or would they just stop everything?

That is a different question and not really my area.
It is more of a contractual dispute.
If you mean that you intend to sue the university then I could not see how they could exclude you on that basis.