75100385

Good Morning we have had previous problems with our

Good Morning
we have had previous problems with our existing adjoining neighbours in that we had to complain to the environmental health organisation about their constantly barking dogs (we live in a terrace and they have 3 locked up all day). I feel that they are now employing tit-for-tat tactics which we do not want to enter in to.
the neighbours recently had sold their property and allegedly the sale fell through as the potential buyers didn't like the lack of parking near the property. in addition to this we live in a cul-de-sac where we have lots of non-residents parking as we live in the only area of west byfleet which does not have permit parking. parking is an issue where we live during the week as commuters use the road for parking. this is not an issue at weekends.
On a handful of occasions we have put cones outside our house - this is by no means a constant action - where my partner needed to park outside our house as we have a small child. the neighbour is now claiming that this is the sole reason for the sale of the property falling through and he is considering civil action.
I would like some advice on the subject:
1. we were unaware at the time, but now I understand now that we committed an offence by using the cones a couple of times, and we have subsequently stopped doing this. the cones could have be simply moved and we had informed all residents nearby that they could move them if they wanted to park
2. if that is the reason for the sale falling through could the neighbour take out civil action?
3. if the above happens would he require a full statement from the prospective buyers stating that the sole reason for the sale not going through was specifically due to their cones being outside the neighbours property?
4. would that be legally binding for any Civil action?
many thanks for any future assistance
Rgds
Simon Nicholson
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether you have had any letters from solicitors saying on what basis any claim would be made?
Customer:

none yet, he has just been vocal to one of our neighbours

Alex Watts :

1. The fact there have been cones is nothing to do with the neighbour. Its a road and I assume public land. Therefore it would be for the Council to prosecute you for that not the neighbour. Its nothing to do with him.

Alex Watts :

2. In any event even if there is a dispute you are not responsible for any sale falling through - any claim would fail against you

Alex Watts :

3. It would have to be only for your reasons they decided not to proceed for the sale but even then you cant sue for loss of chance as such

Alex Watts :

Customer:

no that's great. many thanks

Alex Watts :

Can I help with anything else for you today?

Customer:

nope, all good