29905560

where can I get a union rep to support my son at a disciplinary

where can I get a union rep to support my son at a disciplinary hearing in portsmouth on Monday morning
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is he not part of a union?

Customer:

no

Customer:

I have not received a reply to the last reply i sent

Ben Jones :

I have not provided one yet

Ben Jones :

If he is not in a union then he cannot just get someone who is a union rep to come along and represent him at the meeting. He would either have to find a company which he would have to pay for their services, such as what you have found in your case, or he would have to take a colleague with him instead. So to be able to use the services of a union rep he would need to be a member of a union first. It is probably too late to join one now and expect them to provide a representative to come with him next week so he would wither have to get one privately or he would have to find a colleague to come along with him. These are the only two options which the law allows him to use in a disciplinary hearing.

Customer:

do you know any local company who could provide this service in portsmouth

Ben Jones :

What company have you contacted so far?

Customer:

Castle associates. but they are based in Nottingham

Ben Jones :

These companies are not that common to be honest, I have checked the options in Plymouth but cannot find one. His best option is if he is part of a union and as he is not then it is best to consider finding a colleague instead

Customer:

It is Portsmouth not plymouth

Ben Jones :

Sorry my error, I did mean Portsmouth, typed Plymouth in error

Customer:

ok

Ben Jones :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer:

no

Ben Jones :

ok if you want to close the question could you please select one of the ratings options - it may not work to click on but you can type it on here instead, thanks

Customer:

I already knew your answer I was hoping to get more practical help with names of company or union representatives

Ben Jones :

We are a question and answer service, we provide answers to legal quesaitons, we do not recommend anyone and as mentioned even after I have checked I cannot find such companies where you are looking - they are rather rare, this is not a commonly provided service by private companies, you really need to be looking at trade unions for this support but obviously have to be a member first

Customer:

ok thanks

Ben Jones :

you are welcome