75100385

my car was damaged when i had a radio fitted. will have 2go

Customer Question

my car was damaged when i had a radio fitted. will have 2go back 2 halfords twice. one 2 look at damage 2nd 2 repair it.they r gonna fix damage 4 free.but what about the inconvieniense 2 me
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

If they are going to fix it for free, what are your losses?

JACUSTOMER-pdpwgu6v- :

petrol. messed aroud

Alex Watts :

How much petrol?

Alex Watts :

How far do you live from Halfords?

JACUSTOMER-pdpwgu6v- :

about 2.5 mile but can take 20 mnts 2 get there and same back due 2 roadworks

Alex Watts :

And how many unnecessary trips if any did you do?

Alex Watts :

How much are you expecting to claim?

Alex Watts :

You realise any compensation won't be more than £10,000?

JACUSTOMER-pdpwgu6v- :

one trip 2day and then ive got2 go 2 ford monday 2 order the part and go back 2 ford tue 2 get part and then go 2 halfords.so 6 trips

JACUSTOMER-pdpwgu6v- :

7 trips

Alex Watts :

You can claim 5 miles roundtrip x 7 = 35 miles. HMRC rate of 45p a mile £15.75

Alex Watts :

And a nominal amount for inconvenience but it wont be more than £50

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/