UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Sons private nursery contract, do have to pay if i sign?

My sons contract for his nursery has just come through, contract is in both of our names and she wants me to sign it. If I sign it will I then become liable to pay for non payments and will I be sitting a trend to pay for his private education until he is 18?

PS I didnt agree to private. Already pay £500 a month for some expensive nappies, just finished paying legal expenses :/

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Yes, if you sign the contract, you will become liable for non payment under the contract.
You may make it clear that you do not agree to the child being privately educated and that you are only willing to do this for say nursery school, so that it is clear that you are not setting a precedent or an expectation that the child be privately educated to university.
May I help further?