12826847

I have placed an 18 inch brown plastic cat deterrent strip

I have placed an 18 inch brown plastic cat deterrent strip on the top of my 6ft fence to stop cats from climbing down from the adjoining garage roof but my neighbour has just come round asking me to remove it in case his 5ft 9in son cuts his finger as they put their bikes against the fence. Do I have to do this legally? What are my rights?
Why should he cut his finger on the top of the fence?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I said well it's a 6ft fence he said that his son was that tall and might possibly be hurt as they use their side of the fence to lean their bikes against!

Sorry if I'm missing the point but why?
Unless he climbs over the top?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Exactly! That was my point to him! I just need to know is it legal for me to be able to put a cat deterrent strip on my fence and if he did injure himself would I be liable in any way?

Yes, you are perfectly free to out cat deferent on you own property.
I am at a loss to see how it could injure him anyway unless he does something unlawful in which case any claim would be tainted with illegality.
You do owe even a trespasser a common duty of humanity which is why its not lawful to out things like broken bottles in wet cement on the top of walls but that is not what you are describing here.