75100385

I have paid to a claims direct company, I then tried to

I have paid to a claims direct company, I then tried to cancel within the 14 days cooling off period. They now say i cant have my money back because i signed the contract. The cost is £495.00, I was told to put the can.cellation in a letter which i did, well within 14 days, I know they received it because they once again refused to send my £495.00 back. I know there will be no money coming back to me that is why i cancelled . The fourteen days are up on Tuesday, could you please give me some advice. JM Furness/XXXXXXX

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Did they do any work for services during the 14 days please?

JACUSTOMER-tbvta918- :

They said they had already started an investigation, but i thought that would be wrong until the fourteen day period had lapsed

Alex Watts :

Did you ask them to start? if not then its not your fault and you are entitled to a refund.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.