13262538

hellomy ex partner is from brazil and I am from lithuania

hello
my ex partner is from brazil and I am from lithuania and i live in london about 10 years now. We have 2 daughters and now we are splinting up but some time ago we bought tickets to go to brazil to visit his family as he haven't been there for 10 years.so can i ask your advice about what is the law about my kids if i will let him to take my kids there for 3 weeks, is it safe or shouldn't even consider this opportunity? if he decides to stay there with kids, do i still have all rights? i mean maybe it won't happen i know all his family and everyything but now when we are spliting up i just want make sure that if he decides something stupid would i have a right to get them back like go and take them or brazil goverment would go against me?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
It is entirely your decision and only you can assess the risks involved
Although Brazil is a signatory to the Hague Convention on Abducted Children which means that they SHOULD return children who have been taken without the agreement of the other parent, they actually have a bad reputation for refusing to do so
Before you make the decision you should speak to the charity Reunite
www.reunite.org
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.