75100385

We are currently employing an architect for planning of a new

We are currently employing an architect for planning of a new hair salon. Despite having a site visit early on he has created a 3d drawing that was incorrect and therefore useless, he has been slow to react on various issues and I fact we have found out answers ourselves by going direct to the council department. His invoices are vague and do not provide any detail eg admin? He has finally done drawings for us which once submitted to the planning office and fire and rescue require substantial changes incurring costs that we can't afford and therefore unable to carry in with the project. Surely he should have warned us off that using upstairs would incur such an amount of metal work and strict fire regs that it would be costly. His initial overall estimate of 50k to do the work is out by at least 20k, I could have guessed better than that and I'm not trained. Do we have any grounds to not pay him for his services or otherwise?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Under Section 13 of the Sale and Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 they have a duty to act with all reasonable skill and care

Alex Watts :

If not they are in breach of contract and then yes - you could not pay him

Alex Watts :

If he contests this and his fees are less than £10,000 if he tries to take you to Court then it would be a small claim

Alex Watts :

But based on what you have said then yes, I think you have grounds because he has failed to act with all reasonable skill and care

Alex Watts :