75100385

I am to appear in magistrates court Monday morning on serious

I am to appear in magistrates court Monday morning on serious charge which was only brought on 19th Sept.
Do I have to enter a plea or can I get some time to get advice?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

What is the charge and when were you notified of this please, was it on 19th Sept?

Customer:

Yes I was charged on 19th Sept

Customer:

11 charges of making indecent images, do you need to see the charge sheet?

Alex Watts :

No.

Alex Watts :

Why have you waited since 19th September before trying to get advice?

Alex Watts :

You have had several weeks.

Customer:

I have been frozen by the charges & didn't know what to do.

Customer:

I did contact a firm of Solicitors yesterday who said they would get back to me but they didn't .

Alex Watts :

So why have you left it until Friday to actually do anything?

Alex Watts :

If you tried Friday and the court hearing is on Monday - what view do you think the Court will take given you have known about this since 19th Sept?

Alex Watts :

Do you admit the charge?

Customer:

I must as the images were on my computer but the worst one were ones sent to me via hushmail & I didn't know this till I opened them. Thats what brought the police to my door. I didn't delete them as I knew they could still be found, & I couldn't see how to report them without getting into the situation I'm now in. I did not view them again I just didn't know what to do about the whole thing.

Customer:

In answer to your question on what view the court will have of me?

Customer:

I don't think it could get any lower

Alex Watts : Ok. The following can happen.
Alex Watts : You can ask for an adjournment for legal advice. You won't get that given you ahave done nothing for 2 weeks.
Alex Watts : the court will ask the posectution whether this should go to the crown court. If the proseuction says yes and the court accepts this then you will be bailed to attend crown court, you then have time to seek a solciitor.
Alex Watts : If the court accepts jursidiction you are likely to be asked to enter a plea.
Alex Watts : The court may put it back for a few hours to see the duty aolicitor but unlikely for any real length of time
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

If/When it is sent to crown court do I need to enter a plea then?, I want to plea early but just not without taking advice first

Alex Watts : Yes you would need to enter a plea.
Alex Watts : You should not delay in taking advice now.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else for you?
Customer:

You mean take the advice from Duty Solicitor unless I can get ajourment, as I can't get any advice before case Monday.

Alex Watts : Yes that is what I am saying,
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer:

Thanks for your patience with me.