75100385

Hello, my husband has recently been a victim in an unprovoked

Customer Question

Hello, my husband has recently been a victim in an unprovoked attack which is due in crown court shortly where he now has to attend as a witness. As mentioned there is good evidence to prove his case, but we wonder if the fact that my husband has a criminal record can be used against him,if the other party have privy to this information? The charge was GBH but 15 years ago, no prison sentence but community service, is this record now 'spent' and therefore not regarded?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

The other side will have sight of any previous convictions yes

Alex Watts :

They are entitled to see his PNC

Alex Watts :

But they wont be able to bring up any previous convictions without leave of the Court

Alex Watts :

Even then for a witness they can only raise it where the case can't be understood properly without knowing what they are

Alex Watts :

So generally the answer is no

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/