75100385

Hi my brother has been living with me and now I want him to

Hi my brother has been living with me and now I want him to move out but my dad is say I can't and he is going to get the police involved if I throw him out he is not on the tenancy as it was just temporary until he found somewhere else but he is refusing to leave has he got any legal rights staying?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

How old is your brother and is it your house please?

Customer: He is 26 it's not my house I rent he is not named on the tenancy he moved in on the proviso he found somewhere when he got back on his feet he has made no attempt to move he has paid board he has been given notice by myself three months ago telling him he has to be out he is refusing to go we have a young child and have found marijunana in his room and ordered him out by today
Alex Watts :

Who owns the house?

Customer: The house is managed by wigwam properties on behalf of a private landlord
Customer: It's is yes
Alex Watts : Ok.
Alex Watts : in that case you can give him a week and throw him out,
Alex Watts : it's your house, it's nothing to do with your dad whatsoever.
Alex Watts : You can decide who lives there
Alex Watts : your dad can try and get the police involved but they won't do anything, you have the tenancy and he has no right to be there.
Alex Watts : So no he has no legal rights
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: Even if he's been paying to stay and the gas and electric bills where in his name?
Alex Watts : Yes.
Alex Watts : He has no right to remain
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer: Does the week notice have to be in writing?
Alex Watts : Yes
Customer: Thanks for your help