12826847

Hi, I have Just returned home to find I have a bus lane penalty

Hi, I have Just returned home to find I have a bus lane penalty charge notice (England) date of detection 11 Aug, date of notice 9 Sept l. I calculate this to be 29 days. Is this legal? I think I have read there needs to be no more than 28 days between these days. Regards
You are right. This 29 days and the legislation is quite clear that the start date is the date of the contravention. The only question is whether one of the extenuating circumstances applies to extend time up to 6 months.
You will find those circumstances detail in paragraph (5) below.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/3483/regulation/10/made
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So to clarify, do I have a case to challenge the fine due to it been more than 28 days? Thanks

You do have a challenge.
Obviously I cannot guarantee they will not argue one of the exceptions apply.