UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My ex partner threw me out the house is in both our names what

Customer Question

My ex partner threw me out the house is in both our names what legal right does she have to say i cant move back in
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
As you are named on the title deeds as a co owner, you have every right to live in the property and she cannot stop you from moving back in.
Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
HiPlease be careful - at the moment there is no legal reason why you cannot move backHowever if you go back and your ex provokes you to violence - or even the threat of violence THEN she can apply for an Order excluding you which will substantially change your situation - so PLEASE be carefulClare