12826847

Have a question regarding a lottery grant, is there someone

Customer Question

Have a question regarding a lottery grant, is there someone that can help?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you online now?

Please type your question as I go online and offline often.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was CEO of a not for profit group which received a lottery grant, after the grant was allocated, i was removed from this position by the trustees of the organisation as I did not agree with what they were doing.

I left the organisation and informed the lottery I had left, this was in 2013. I have yesterday received a letter saying the money needs to be paid back and I am personally liable as I was a signatory.

The chair of the trustees has now died, what is my position am I legally responsible for this grant even though I was not a trustee and was removed from my position by the trustee team.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes please continue to search for a UK Lawyer

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Do the grant terms and conditions say you will be personally liable for the debt please?