UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My question is about two protected trees, one on my land the

My question is about two protected trees, one on my land the other on my neighbours land. They are both 20 metres high and the local TPO officer described them as effectively forming a single crown and stipulated that both trees should be worked on together. My application for permission was granted on this condition. My neighbour refused to share the tree surgeon's bill. What can I do?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

I am afraid you cannot force your neighbour to share the tree surgeon's bill if they do not wish to pay it without an agreement with them that they will pay it.

You may pay the entire bill yourself or leave the trees as they ar.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a more comprhensive description of events which i can email you. She accepted my offer to obtain planning permission and to obtain tree surgeon quotes. She asked to be advised of the quotes as she had a nephew who worked on trees. At this time I was of the opinion that she would share costs.