12826847

I was accused of letting my dog foul and not picking it up

I was accused of letting my dog foul and not picking it up ,as I am very much against people who do this I always carry extra doggy bags to give to people who don't .I was approached by two men and told they were doing a survey on dog owners and asked for my address which I stupidly gave then told I was being fined leaving as I watched my dog foul and walk away leaving it as I never done this and asked them to show me were it was supposed to have happened thso what do I doey pointed to a place nearly 2 hundred meters away so I asked them to come and show were it was they refused ,so knowing it dident happen I went to look and there was no dog fouling at all .so I am left with a £40 bill for something my dog dident do.
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what do I do pay for something that my dog dident do or go to court

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

pay or not

Well, that is a matter for you to assess how much risk you want to run.
There isn't an appeal procedure but what you do is just refuse to pay the fixed penalty and wait to see if they summons you. If they do then you can contest it at court.
Obviously the risk is that you could be convicted. That depends on the strength of the evidence. These people are probably council employees at the direction of the dog warden. Generally speaking a court won't accept they are lying as they have no reason to lie about you personally but they might accept they were mistaken. It depends on the merits of the evidence obviously.