12826847

i was summoned to attend crown court last week when i attended

i was summoned to attend crown court last week when i attended i was told that my case was not listed. I got the court ushers to sign my summons papers to prove i had attended where do i stand and what happens next?
Im not sure what you mean?
Are you asking if you have surrendered properly?
What were you summonsed for ?
Also, I notice that you have not yet left feedback for a previous answer so I would be grateful if you could do that now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was summoned over a preposterous allegation that I had stolen a key from my nephew the fact remains that I was given the key by a third party and merely returned the key and somehow I have been charged with theft which I welcome my court hearing to put this matter straight I attended Worthing magistrates court to enter my plea of not guilty on 2nd sept 2014 and elected to have this heard in crown court. I was given a summons date of 30th sept 2014 at 9.30an at Chichester crown court of which I attended however it was not listed as I have already explained I had the summons paper signed by court staff to confirm that I had attended this hearing my question to you is can this case be heard again or is this the end of the matter ie is this classed as case closed?? in reference to your feedback this was helpful and have put a complaint into my solicitor.

You are not on a summons then. You are on bail.
In answer to your direct question, the matter has not ended. It was just not listed. The listing you should have been given is on a date to be advised rather than on a specific date.
The fact that you attended will protect you from any allegation that you failed to surrender which is why court staff signed the form.
However, the fact that it was not listed on that date does not mean the matter has come to an end and, in fact, it probably has not.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you I will check my paper work and get back to you when I get home

thank you

It is probably better to call the Crown Court listing office.
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.