12826847

My boyfriend has been charged with historic rape. He admits

My boyfriend has been charged with historic rape. He admits to having rough sex with this women 2years ago. He states that she was consenting. However he said that he remembers her being upset afterward. He said that they had sex on several occasions. And that it was a purely sexual relationship. They met on a website designed for sexual encounters. My question is does this constitute rape?
His account isn't rape. Probably though she is making a different allegation that does amount to rape and this will come down to a dispute over which version of events is to be preferred.
It doesn't help that she was upset afterwards although if she went back on subsequent occasions then that rather undermines an allegation of rape.