13262538

My husband & I have been having a torrid time in our relationship

My husband & I have been having a torrid time in our relationship over the past few years (married 37yrs) & I'm considering my options as to how separate/divorce. He is retired but I am still working full time to try & make up my pension years. I only have 20 full years due to part time working when children were growing up, where my husband has a full pension. Financially I will struggle to maintain a place on my own but my husband has considerable wealth tucked away so won't be a hardship for him. What would I legally be entitled to if we split?
What assets and debts do you each have - including the value of pensions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We own our own house & my husband has a pension of £20k a year. We have no debts but my car is currently on a 0% finance deal of £199 a month with a final payment of 8k due next year. My husband has recently purchased a car outright.
My pension valuation if I retire next year is 10k a year. We both have Isa's but mine is only 11k where my husband has a full Isa's along with investments worth around 150k in his name only.
I hope this helps.
How much is the house worth?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
£350k
How much would a one bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
£125k
HI
Given the length of you relationship the starting point for the division of all the assets - including pensions is 50/50
Given that this will give you sufficient to house yourself it is unlikely that the courts will move far from this as you should then also have sufficient pension income
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details