LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

A neighbours van rolled down the hill and demolished my wall,

Customer Question

A neighbours van rolled down the hill and demolished my wall, I am attempting to raise the cost on his motor insurance, they seem to be dragging their feet, i have given them two quotes for the work and now they have come back and require a detailed quote, is there any way in which I can put pressure on them, as I am the third party I seem to have no weight in this case.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

You are negotiating with the neighbour or their insurers?

Customer:

with the insurers, he is insured through coversure but the main insurers are axa.

LondonlawyerJ :

They have accepted liabiity?

Customer:

they seem to have done indirectly in that they asked for the quotes for the work, otherwise there is nothing definite.

Customer:

the car owner admitted liability when it happened.

LondonlawyerJ :

I think you will need to go along with their requests and provide the detail they ask for. Insurers are very much into delay and prevarication to delay the terrible moment when they eventually pay out. The best response is, unless their requests at totally ludicrus to c-operate and give them the detail they need. Is it a garden wall or a house wall that has been demolished?

Customer:

it is a garden wall and looks a frightful mess, but I suppose we can live with it until the insurers pay out.

LondonlawyerJ :

When was the accident? For now you will probably need to give them all they want and avoid giving them an excuse to avoid paying out.

Customer:

it happened six months ago, but they haven't sent anyone from the insurers to examine the damage and to see what needs to be done.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am very concerned abut the state of the wall, it is a hazard and I am concerned that someone may be injured if it stays in the state it is, should I advise insurers of this???